Though cannabis has been grown, harvested, and used for over 12,000 years some Americans still aren't convinced in the therapeutic treatment benefits that CBD Oils can provide for an ailing Respiratory System and body.
So How Does CBD Help?
CBD, as outlined in our previous lessons, helps by working with and boosting the human respiratory system. But further than leading to a healthier respiratory system, CBD benefits a multitude of ailments and psychological issues present in modern human beings. The most notable being its effect on cancerous cells within the body. Scientists have reported that THC and other cannabinoids such as CBD slow growth and/or cause death in certain types of cancer cells. Some animal studies also suggest certain cannabinoids may slow growth and reduce spread of some forms of cancer. There have been some trials of cannabinoids in treating cancer in humans and more studies are planned. While the studies so far have shown that cannabinoids can be safe in treating cancer, they do not show that they help control or cure the disease.
The science on CBD for cancer is still being studied and examined however, much more progress has been made in other areas of effective CBD treatment.
Below are a few of the most beneficial treatments proven effective for their disorders and ailments.
- CBD for Sleep Deprovation - Many recreational or occasional smokers of cannabis will usually tell of achieving a great night’s sleep. Though this is a benefit for the occasional smoker of cannabis — who is generally feeling the beneficial qualities of intermittent THC use — the consistent user is far less likely to manage a significantly improved sleep. CBD though, a non-psychoactive compound found within cannabis, has been shown to help those with sleep disorders. CBD has been found to help increase the third sleep phase, which is the deepest and most restive phase of sleep, while also reducing REM, which is the lightest part of the sleep phase. This is most likely due to CBD’s homeostasis effects, which work toward balancing out your endocannabinoid system (ECS); an important physiological system that regulates everything from mood, sleep, appetite, pain perception, the reproductive system, and a whole lot more. So if you’re suffering from sleep disorders that lead you to either have difficulty or an inability to perform sexually, evidence suggests that CBD for sex is a very real treatment possibility.
- CBD for Anxiety - When you look at the beneficial qualities of CBD, one of its proven abilities is to reduce anxiety in preclinical studies, along with a huge amount of anecdotal evidence also. A study undertaken by the New York University of Medicine suggested that “at oral doses ranging from 300 to 600 mg, CBD reduces experimentally induced anxiety in healthy controls, without affecting baseline anxiety levels”. Not only that, but it was also seen to help those who suffer from other anxiety disorders such as panic disorder (PD), obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD), social anxiety disorder (SAD), and even post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). This is why CBD for sex could prove beneficial, as treating one issue may help alleviate the ripple effect they tend to have on other parts of your health and wellbeing
- CBD for Pain - Everyone has a cell-signaling system known as the endocannabinoid system (ECS). Some researchers think that CBD interacts with a core component of the ECS — endocannabinoid receptors in your brain and immune system. Receptors are tiny proteins attached to your cells. They receive signals, mostly chemical ones, from different stimuli and help your cells respond. This response creates anti-inflammatory and pain-relieving effects that help with pain management. This means that CBD oil and other products may benefit people with chronic pain, such as chronic back pain.
- CBD for Inflamation - Inflammation occurs as a natural protective response when the body is harmed. There are two types of inflammation: acute and chronic. Acute inflammation occurs following an injury, infection, or illness. The immune system unleashes immune cells to the affected area to protect it, causing redness and swelling. Chronic inflammation refers to a prolonged inflammatory response in the body. When inflammation lingers, it can detrimentally impact tissues and organs due to the increased production of free radicals, which results in oxidative stress, an imbalance between antioxidants and free radicals. Inflammation and oxidative stress are involved in many diseases. Chronic inflammation may be caused by autoimmune disorders, untreated infections, or illnesses, and often plays a role in conditions such as asthma, cancer, and diabetes. Factors such as smoking, obesity, or stress may also contribute to chronic inflammation. While inflammation is necessary to help protect the body as it heals, a state of ongoing or chronic inflammation is undesirable and can be a source of significant pain and anxiety, and is sometimes linked with depression. CBD shows potential as a plant-derived anti-inflammatory without the side effects of medications.
- CBD for Depression - CBD has also been shown to help those who struggle with depression. Although there haven’t been substantial studies into how CBD effect human models, it has shown some pretty promising benefits in animal models, and in humans in anecdotal evidence. CBD has been shown to act on the 5-HT1A serotonin receptor, which is involved in a number of different biological processes such as pain perception, anxiety, mood, appetite, sleep, etc. When humans are treated for depression, it is usually with selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs), which work to block the reabsorption of serotonin in the brain, making more serotonin available. In a Brazilian study, it was found that CBD activates this receptor, allowing more serotonin to be used and activated in the body. These results are backed up by recent investigations by Veterans Affairs Canada, focusing on PTSD in veterans. It was noted that there was a notable reduction in opioid use and a massive 30% reduction in Benzodiazepine use (antidepressant/ anti-anxiety medication), when cannabis was used as a replacement or as a supplement to treat PTSD in veterans. This is just one of many potential benefits of CBD for male impotence, which has been found to work quite well for a range of other mental health problems including stress, psychosis and even working to improve intimacy between sexual partners.
- CBD for Weight Loss - CBD and another compound found within cannabis called THCV (Tetrahydrocannabivarin) have been found to assist in weight loss through appetite suppression, as well as helping boost your metabolism. This may be very surprising, as one of the more well-known effects of consuming cannabis is the dreaded ‘munchies’ — for those that aren’t familiar with cannabis culture lingo, this means the uncontrollable desire to stuff your face with food (usually the kind that is high in calories). So it’s funny that two of the compounds found within cannabis, CBD along with THCV, have shown to increase metabolism of fat cells in animal models of obesity. Associate professor of medicine at Harvard Medical School, Murray Mittleman said of cannabis smokers that “their fasting insulin levels were lower, and they appeared to be less resistant to the insulin produced by their body to maintain a normal blood-sugar level," a fact that seems to indicate that cannabinoids can help stave off Type II Diabetes. So when it comes to obesity and impotence, constituents of cannabis could be the answer to help lower body weight and bring you back to a healthy weight. Could CBD oil for male impotency be a far healthier option than other weight loss alternatives? We believe it shows great potential.